Food and beverage manufacturing environments are exposed to a wide variety of corrosive by-products and contaminants such as fats, hot oils, blood, sugar solutions and natural food acids that can wreak havoc on substandard flooring. Each sector of the industry has specific flooring needs as detailed below:
- Bakeries -floor coatings protect against sugar corroding the surface.
- Blending & Bottling – wall and flooring systems are flexible in order to stand up to high traffic from heavy equipment and machinery
- Dairy Processing – rigorous cleaning regimens required for wet and dry manufacturing processes necessitate durable, long-lasting flooring systems
- Freezer & Cold Storage -floor coating systems can be installed quickly and efficiently at low temperatures and in damp environments in order to reduce client downtime and the risk of spoilage
- Fruit & Vegetable Processing -flooring systems designed to withstand heavy traffic, high temperatures, and thermal shock prevent acids, sugars, flavorings and preservatives from destroying the flooring’s surface
- Meat and Fish Processing -heavy-duty floor coatings with added hygiene protection and a high grade texture prevent slips, is resistant to contamination from blood, grease and oil and can hold up against aggressive cleaning methods
- Snack Foods Processing -slip resistant flooring systems keep processing areas safe
To combat the risk of uncontrolled bacterial growth, maintain cleanliness and be approved safe for food production, flooring surfaces used in food and beverage production facilities must adhere to strict health and safety guidelines mandated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Surface Solutions specializes in delivering FDA- and USDA-approved flooring solutions:
- Composed of non-toxic materials
- Resistant to health-threatening pathogens
- Protects from common oils, chemicals and acids
- Withstands mechanical stress and extreme temperatures
- Cleans easily